Please read carefully, thank you!
Last updated: Nov 20, 2018.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access or make use of the Service.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of IntelliFix SA (Pty) Ltd. and its licensors.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by IntelliFix SA (Pty) Ltd.
IntelliFix SA (Pty) Ltd. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that IntelliFix SA (Pty) Ltd. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
ALL CUSTOMERS REQUESTING AN INTELLIFIX REPAIR SERVICE SHOULD AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
I authorize IntelliFix to perform repair work on my iOS® or Andoid Device (Samsung, Huawei, Tablet etc.). I understand that the IntelliFix repair specialists have been trained to perform these device repairs, but IntelliFix and its affiliates are not an Authorized Service Provider (ASP) of Apple Inc, Samsung or Huawei are in no way affiliated with Apple Inc, Samsung Group or Huawei Technologies Co.
Further, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold IntelliFix SA (pty) Ltd. from liability for any claims or damages of any kind or description that may arise from any device repair work performed on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod, Samsung or Huawei, unless it is caused by severe negligence of IntelliFix, or its agent.
I understand that IntelliFix SA (Pty) Ltd. has no liability for any data loss, which may occur as a result of work done on my device.
I also understand that I have the option to, and I am responsible for backing up the device before allowing IntelliFix to work on my device in the event of any data loss and hardware or software failure.
I understand that repairs or technical support rendered by IntelliFix may void manufacturer warranties for this device. IntelliFix and its affiliates do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that the manufacturer warranties are voided but may, at its sole discretion, offer its own warranty on the parts and/or services performed.
I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform IntelliFix accurately with regard to the model description and condition of my device, as well as whether any modifications or repairs have previously been attempted or completed. An IntelliFix repair specialist will perform a check-in diagnosis of my device to evaluate its condition. If the device is given to our technician or arrives at IntelliFix in noticeably different condition than previously described, I acknowledge that additional charges may apply to repair my device.
I understand that an IntelliFix repair specialist will contact me to discuss the discrepancies and potential additional costs.
As the customer, I recognize that the careful shipping of my smartphone or tablet to IntelliFix is my responsibility, unless otherwise agreed to. I also understand that securely wrapping my device before the courier arrives is my responsibility. If the product arrives with further damage, or is lost in transit, I bear full responsibility for that risk of loss.
If any device should be lost or damaged further than the condition it was released to IntelliFix in, IntelliFix’s liability will be limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the device in its condition at the time of transfer to IntelliFix based on current fair market value.
IntelliFix’s liability for damages from any cause when it comes to repairing your product is limited to the cost of the repair service or a comparable replacement device. IntelliFix and its affiliates have no liability whatsoever for indirect or consequential damages resulting from a repair or repair attempt, including any lost or damaged data, software, or lost profits or revenue of the customer.
Apple®, iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes® and iMac® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. IntelliFix SA is not affiliated with Apple Inc.
SOME ADDITIONAL AND IMPORTANT ASPECTS THAT NEED TO BE UNDERSTOOD AND WILL APPLY TO ANY REPAIR.
- What are the callout fees for a technician to come to me?
- There are no extra callout fees. We send our technicians to you free of charge.
- What happens if you repair my device and I cannot pay?
- If we have accepted your device and fulfilled the repair, and at the end of this you are unable to pay within 60 days of the job being completed, IntelliFix reserves the right to sell the device to recover the costs associated with the repair and storage of the device.
- Will a repair cause me to lose my data?
- Although you shouldn’t lose any data due to replacing your screen it is advisable to fully backup your device prior to repair.
- Repairing of smartphones, tablets and laptops shouldn’t affect the data on the device unless it is required as part of the repair or a software issue needs to be resolved. We recommend to backup your devices prior to arranging any repairs if you cannot afford to lose your data.
- IntelliFix and any of its employees cannot be held liable for any LOSS of data related to the repair.
- Replacing your screen?
- After we have replaced the screen, there is a shorter grace period in which we will accept warranty replacements on screens. This is due to the nature of physical treatment that any device may occur after it’s repair.
- If you are experiencing any issues it’s better to inform us ASAP rather than delaying, as we may dispute a replacement if we feel it has been damaged due to negligence.
- Replacing your battery?
- Batteries are considered a consumable part and therefore we can only hold a one month warranty.
- All quotes are valid for 10 working days.
- Rejecting Quotes
- No fees are charged for quote rejection.
- Should you accept a quote and a technician be dispatched to fulfill the repair, and you do not cancel the repair within at least 2 hours of the agreed repair date and time, a callout fee of R150 will be charged. This fee is not to profit, but merely to recover some of the cost associated with dispatching the technician.
- In the event that we have accepted your device, on the basis that it will be brought in for assessment and / or repair, within our workshop (Which in turn allows us to properly understand the full complexity and requirement of the repair, and hence a final quotation will be provided).
- Board level repairs (PCB/Logic board)
- Due to the nature of high-level repairs we can only confirm the success of the repair once the chip / part has been replaced.
- You will only receive an invoice for it if the repair was successful, should it not be the case, an assessment fee of R350 will be charged for the callout, transport and labour involved.
- Board-level repairs may take up to 15 working days but should be completed quicker, as we do endevour to process these repairs as quickly as possible, but at all times ensure quality over speed.
- 365-day fault warranty
- Almost all our repairs come approved with a full 1 year fault warranty.
- Courier service fees
- Please note that a collect/delivery service fee of R100 will be charged and advised before confirming your booking.
Please be advised that by accepting our services the above will apply, thank you.
INTELLIFIX OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE 365-DAY WARRANTY ON ALL OUR REPAIRS! (Excluding liquid damaged devices)
SCOPE OF WARRANTY COVERAGE
- Screen/LCD and any other repaired or replaced parts that malfunction, or do not work as intended or designed.
- Warranty is limited to the parts and/or service(s) that were paid for.
- If only parts were purchased, warranty is limited to the replacement of the parts.
- If parts and repair service were purchased, warranty extends to cover the labor cost of part replacement and any other repairs specifically resulting from the initial repair, except in the situations outlined below.
- Liquid damage Repairs will only carry a 30 day warranty from collection or delivery.
After IntelliFix repairs the device, the warranty does not protect against:
- Subsequent mishandling that causes the frame to bend, twist, or crack
- Liquid damage.
- Subsequent accidental or purposeful drops/damage.
- Tampering with internal hardware.
- Damage resulting from attempted customer repairs.
- Software issues unrelated to the repair.
- New damages unrelated to the original repair.
- Any loss of data occurring as a result of the repair – customers are advised to backup all data prior to repair attempt.
- Battery replacements. Batteries are considered a consumable product and IntelliFix does not offer a 365-day warranty on battery replacements.
- Our warranty also does not cover the outcome of a repair if certain pre-repair conditions exist, including:
- Existence of known manufacturing and/or performance issues related to the device separate from the repair, as noted prior to the repair
- Existence of damage to the frame of device, as noted prior to the repair
- Water damage
- Jailbroken devices
- Tampering with internal hardware: under certain conditions, internal damage may make a repair impossible. Your technical repair specialist will be able to explain in further detail upon diagnosing your specific device. If in doubt, we recommend that you do not attempt to repair on your own, as any damage may affect the reparability of your device.
- a NON-Working, damaged or severed home button/Bio-Metric scanner
- The warranty is valid only for the specific device repaired and the original customer; it is not transferable across devices or if the device is sold or given to another individual.
If a customer device is irreparably damaged as a direct result of a repair attempted by IntelliFix and payment has been rendered, the customer is entitled to a fully functional refurbished device of equal or greater value of the damaged device based on its model and condition as received and with the original repair issue resolved, or the monetary equivalent of fair market value of the device in that condition as determined by IntelliFix . If payment was not rendered for service, the repair quote shall be deducted from the value, or a refurbished device of the same damaged condition as received shall be offered. In order to receive a replacement device, the customer’s damaged device must be rendered to IntelliFix .
Company warrants to you that from the date the Parts or Accessories are provided to you and for the lifetime of your device so long as you remain the owner (Warranty Period), each Part and Accessory provided to you under this Agreement will be materially free of manufacturing defects. Company’s sole obligation, and your sole remedy, under this warranty is limited to, at Company’s sole discretion, repair or replacement of the defective Part or Accessory. This warranty is non-transferable.
Company’s obligations under this warranty are conditioned on your prompt notification to both IntelliFix and Company of any warranty claim and complying with Company’s then-current warranty procedures provided to you. This warranty specifically excludes (i) any Part or Accessory that was altered, repaired, or modified by a party other than Company without Company’s prior written consent; (ii) any defects, damage or errors that (1) occurred after shipping by Company, (2) were the result of improper testing, installation, storage, mishandling, abuse, misuse, accident or causes other than ordinary use of the Part or Accessory, or (3) use of the Part or Accessory in conjunction with another product which is incompatible, or of an inferior quality; (iii) warranty claims by any individual other than you, or warranty claims after the Warranty Period; and (iv) any warranty claim for which Company determines that there is no defect in the returned Part or Accessory.
For repair-related warranty claims, the Company will commit to a date and time in which the relevant company representative can carry out the required repair. Should the repair require greater work that it either needs to be returned into our workshop or to our next level of repair, the technician will discuss with you at the time and must obtain your consent to carry out the extended requirements.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, NEITHER INTELLIFIX, COMPANY, NOR THEIR SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PARTS OR ACCESSORIES. ALL PARTS AND ACCESSORIES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from IntelliFix or otherwise will create any warranty, representation or guarantee by Company not expressly stated herein.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, COMPANY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE PARTS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) FOR ERROR OR INTERRUPTION OF USE, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS; (B) FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR LOSS OF PROFITS; OR (C) FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT ARE IN EXCESS OF THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU FOR THE PART OR ACCESSORY FROM WHICH SUCH DAMAGE AROSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, AND Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Payment & Pricing
- Payment can be made for goods and repairs via –
- Credit card: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- Cash on delivery
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) – Please note proof of payment must be presented before repair is carried out.
- Our prices may change continually without notice.
- The price quoted on the website and agreed upon will be the full and final price.
- All printed quotations are valid for 10 working days.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about this Terms and conditions, please contact us.